Friday, November 14, 2008

Howling at the Moon

by Jonathan Bert

November 14. 2008

This month we can howl at the Moon with joy! It's over! No more negative political ads! At least for now.

America chose "Not Ready to Lead" over "Erratic." Let us hope Mr. Obama is ready to lead, he has heck of a mess to fix. The good news: he is gonna be better than W., just for the simple fact that nobody can be worse.

Obama is going to throw money at our problems, just like a typical Democrat. Wait, Republicans are doing that now, too. How much of the $700 billion bailout money did you get?

Obama jokes are coming out in force; some are funny, all are tasteless.

Some people want Sarah Palin to run, and win, the Presidency in 2012. Some people wanted a ticket on the Titanic in 1912.

Democrats have a lot of control now, with majorities in the House and Senate, plus the White House. Let us hope they use this power responsibly and not pass a bunch of crazy nonsense.

Republicans still have the ability to filibuster. Let us hope they use this power responsibly and be more than just a pain in the ass.

California outlawed Gay Marriage with a referendum. Gays are furious! I am actually concerned that they may tell their mothers!

Mormons were heavy movers in the anti-gay movement. Hah! They can only marry one person, gays can't marry nobody! Pricks.

Gays don't know what they're being saved from. Half of all marriages end in divorce, and most of the other half is miserable. Really f**king sacred.

Hillary for Secretary of State! She'd make a great secretary, she's already got the ass for it.

Oh, I forgot, her ass is named Bill.

Man, I am ornery rather than being filled with joy. Must be thinking ahead to the mid-term elections. Yuck. I'm outta here.

2 comments:

Inspector Clouseau said...

It was my intent to say something of value and insightful. Instead, I am laughing too hard, and that's pretty good also. Thanks.

Douglas said...

I like your style Still.. When I worked for this large international company, the bosses in my office would be changed on a fairly frequent basis. Sometimes more frequent than others. There's a joke that applies here about likening bosses to diapers, but that's not my point. At this company, I had a co-worker who would complain (long and loud) about the current boss and welcome each new boss as the "Second Coming" until the new boss had settled in for about a week. I also think of the words from "My Generation" by The Who. I wish Obama all the luck in the world, he'll need it. I just keep wondering why anyone in their right mind would want to be president of the USA.

(hmmmm... I seem to be following Logisitician around today)